I’m very aware that we are living in a time of uncertainty on many levels. The world around us is changing at an accelerating rate and, in response, “ordinary” people have an opportunity to become Hero’s in their own lives and can accomplish incredible extraordinary things.
I’m equally aware that it’s essential, during these times, to live our lives with the knowledge that we can use our imagination, speak for what we value and use the incredible “force” and power that each of us possess in order to make a difference in the world. It’s also important to keep ourselves inspired by what is working and what is good in the world and to see ourselves and others as Hero’s and Heroine’s.
I’m not keeping my eyes closed or pretending that nothing is happening and everything is perfect (although that’s tempting) but I am focusing a lot more energy and love on my community, family, friendships, spiritual teachings, and all of the positive, funny and inspiring information I can engage in. I feel strongly that we need to continue to uplift ourselves and others and rise above those people, places and things that, frankly, just don’t feel good. In other words, “May the Force be with you”.
The phrase “May the Force be with you” originated in Star Wars: Episode IV, A New Hope (a great example of a hero’s journey) and has continued to be a classic part of Star Wars stories ever since. In the Star Wars movies, Obi-Wan Kenobi taught Luke Skywalker that the Force was an energy field created by all living things. And, the phrase, “May the Force be with you”, continued to be used frequently throughout the stories.
Although this phrase obviously originated in science fiction, now, many use the phrase in everyday life to wish an individual or group good luck, goodbye, ‘may you be protected’ or ‘come back safely’. And, I believe, it’s a good phrase to continue to use to remind us that there is a force within us that may be dormant but can be awakened to make a difference in our lives and the lives of others.
I’m sure you all remember Yoda, a Grand Master of the Jedi Order, in Star Wars, right? Well, his advice was truly amazing and I’d like to share some quotes with you. Perhaps his advice will help during these uncertain times!
“How to Awaken the Force Within You”
Quotes by Yoda
1. “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
2. “Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.”
3. “We must wake.”
4. “When you look at the dark side, careful you must be, for the dark side looks back.”
5. “You will know good from bad when you are at peace and passive.”
6. “Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.”
7. “Always pass on what you have learned.”
8. “Patience you must have.”
9. “Clear your mind.”
10. “In the end, cowards are those who follow the dark side.”
11. “You will find only what you bring in.”
12. “A challenge lifelong it is, not to bend fear into anger.”
13. “Through the Force, things you will see. Other places. The future, the past. Old friends long gone.”
14. “To be Jedi is to face the truth and choose. Give off light, or darkness, Padawan. Be a candle or the night.”
15. “May the Force be With You.”
It would be great to hear your favorite inspirational quotes from Star Wars or any of your favorite movies. I hope you share this with all of us. We need it!
Be the Hero/Heroine of your Life, Beverly